Strategy for recovery and re-election of Alberto Paccanelli as President
Euratex’s plan requires considerable resources and a coherent set of measures, both on short term and on a structural basis. To make the strategy tangible and concrete, the association developed 5 flagship initiatives:
• Building resilient value chains in Europe for critical PPE and other textile products.
• SMEs should upskill their existing workforce and attract well-qualified young workers and professionals.
• Investment in innovative and sustainable textiles through dedicated Public Private Partnership (PPP) at EU level.
• To establish 5 recycling hubs in Europe near textile and apparel districts and therefore make raw materials by collecting, sorting, processing and recycling post-production and post-consumption textile wastes.
• Ensure free and fair trade for the companies. A first step should be to promote the Pan Euro Med as an integrated ecosystem, and exploit market opportunities resulting from other EU FTAs.