Savings with solar energy
The annual production of the solar modules equates to the average energy consumption of approx. 238 households (at 4,000 kWh/household). Schoeller has used 85% of that energy for its own operations, thus saving CHF 85,000 per year. The remaining 15% is fed back into the electricity grid and used by external consumers. The calculations show that not only does the use of solar energy benefit the environment, the plant will have paid for itself within 7-8 years.